last issue of The Testing Planet on leadership I seem to have come across more blogs than usual talking about how to be a great leader, manager, boss or whatever, for instance:
- Evaluate Character AND Performance
- 9 Leadership Tips Anyone Can Use Immediately
- 10 Things Really Amazing Bosses Do
- This is why you need to learn how to talk to developers
- clear: I will do my best to be absolutely clear about what I think, what my response to any request is, what my motivation for any particular approach is, what I will commit to do (or not do) about some problem and so on. I will encourage and answer any question on any work-related topic to the fullest extent that I can given obvious constraints such as confidentiality.
- present: I will do my best to be approachable, available and responsive. If I can't be responsive I'll try to explain why and give a commitment to respond at some later time.